About ESR Labs
We are an embedded automotive software company. In other words, we develop innovative embedded software for high-tech cars. Within only six years, we have achieved the status of a Tier 1 software supplier providing us with the opportunity to work directly with some of the most respected and distinguished premium car manufacturers and suppliers in the market. Our work is already part of millions of vehicles and enables those vehicles to take advantages of what has become stat of the art in consumer electronics: internet connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomy, cloud computing, and over-the-air feature updates.
As Linux Kernel Developer, you are involved in very demanding projects especially in the field of Car Sharing, Connected Car (Connected Gateway) or Connectivity. You adapt the Linux Kernel and various bootloaders e.g. U-Boot. Under safety-critical points you correct safety gaps. Therefore, you keep yourself up to date about safety-relevant topics.
Your application will be processed by the Job Ambition GmbH, our strategic recruiting partner. If you have questions, feel free to contact Ms. Tina Prade by phone: + 49 (0) 711 400 538 81.
- Initial working experience in Linux Kernel Development gained as intern or working student
- Excellent development experience in C
- Good understanding of architectures
- Willingness and interest to deal with operating systems especially Linux
- Fluent English language skills
- Completed degree in Information Technology or comparable education
- Good software development experience in C++ and/or Java, also possible as contributor in private (open source) projects
- Know-how in network protocols like TCP/IP, CAN or Ethernet
- Good knowledge in ARM processors and low level programming
- Enthusiasm and interest in modern programming languages
- Good German language skills
What we offer
- Great work environment with co-workers you can rely on and who demonstrate strong performance
- Opportunity to make an impact by delivering fantastic work in essential projects
- A chance to create useful technology by minimizing complexity
- Employee freedom through flexible work-hour models, little hierarchy, and a collaborative work environment
- Experimentation and learning through our regular hackathons, programming challenges and hands-on workshops
- Choose your hardware/ software set up
- A daily supply of fresh fruit, coffee and water