About ESR Labs
We are an embedded automotive software company. In other words, we develop innovative embedded software for high-tech cars. Within only six years, we have achieved the status of a Tier 1 software supplier providing us with the opportunity to work directly with some of the most respected and distinguished premium car manufacturers and suppliers in the market. Our work is already part of millions of vehicles and enables those vehicles to take advantages of what has become stat of the art in consumer electronics: internet connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomy, cloud computing, and over-the-air feature updates.
Join us on our mission to build the next-generation of in-car infotainment systems based on android automotive. As an Android Platform Developer, you are responsible for the development of applications for the Internet of Things. As a full-stack developer, you work in a broad spectrum, starting with Android-based applications in the automobile environment, and continuing to network protocols, and to backend systems. You should be eager to customize the android codebase and curious about huge systems and willing to dig into them deeply.
Your application will be processed by the Job Ambition GmbH, our strategic recruiting partner. If you have questions, feel free to contact Ms. Stefanie Schwamberger by phone: + 49 (0) 711 400 538 81.
- Development experience with Android SDK, NDK, Java8 and Build Systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux OS
- Good understanding of Back-end
- Ready to make a strong commitment to both the customer and to the team
- Willingness to familiarize yourself with large, complex automotive standards
- Completed degree in Information Technology or comparable education
- Broad experience in network protocols and their implementations
- Experience with the Linux Kernel
- Knowledge of C/C++ and other programming languages (e.g. Kotlin)
- Experience with GIT and other Version Control Systems
- Prior experience with security protocols (e.g. TLS)
- Good English language skills
What we offer
- Great work environment with co-workers you can rely on and who demonstrate strong performance
- Opportunity to make an impact by delivering fantastic work in essential projects
- A chance to create useful technology by minimizing complexity
- Employee freedom through flexible work-hour models, little hierarchy, and a collaborative work environment
- Experimentation and learning through our regular hackathons, programming challenges and hands-on workshops
- Choose your hardware/ software set up
- A daily supply of fresh fruit, coffee and water