About ESR Labs
We are an embedded automotive software company. In other words, we develop innovative embedded software for high-tech cars. Within only six years, we have achieved the status of a Tier 1 software supplier providing us with the opportunity to work directly with some of the most respected and distinguished premium car manufacturers and suppliers in the market. Our work is already part of millions of vehicles and enables those vehicles to take advantages of what has become stat of the art in consumer electronics: internet connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomy, cloud computing, and over-the-air feature updates.
As a Java IoT Developer, you are responsible for the development of applications for the Internet of Things. You work in a broad spectrum, starting with IoT applications in the automobile environment and continuing to network protocols, and to back-end systems. Towards the end of the project, you perform Unit and Integration Tests and analyze your software directly at road tests. You may encounter themes like Connected Car and Smart Metering on a daily basis.
Your application will be processed by the Job Ambition GmbH, our strategic recruiting partner. If you have questions, feel free to contact Ms. Stefanie Schwamberger by phone: + 49 (0) 711 400 538 81.
- Development experience with Java8 and Build Systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven, Ant)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux OS
- Basic understanding of network protocols (e.g. TCP, HTTP, MQTT)
- Good English language skills
- Experience with GIT and other Version Control Systems
- Prior experience with vehicle protocols (e.g. CAN, FlexRay, LIN)
- Know-how in publish/subscribe messaging
What we offer
- Great work environment with co-workers you can rely on and who demonstrate strong performance
- Opportunity to make an impact by delivering fantastic work in essential projects
- A chance to create useful technology by minimizing complexity
- Employee freedom through flexible work-hour models, little hierarchy, and a collaborative work environment
- Experimentation and learning through our regular hackathons, programming challenges and hands-on workshops
- Choose your hardware/ software set up
- A daily supply of fresh fruit, coffee and water