About ESR Labs
We are an embedded automotive software company. In other words, we develop innovative embedded software for high-tech cars. Within only six years, we have achieved the status of a Tier 1 software supplier providing us with the opportunity to work directly with some of the most respected and distinguished premium car manufacturers and suppliers in the market. Our work is already part of millions of vehicles and enables those vehicles to take advantages of what has become stat of the art in consumer electronics: internet connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomy, cloud computing, and over-the-air feature updates.
We’re looking for support in the development of the ESR Labs build system called “bake”. Bake is written in Ruby. Beside the improvement of existing features we’re planing a couple of extensions that meet our workflow. On the wish-list we furthermore have the seamless integration of bake into various modern IDEs like VSCode. Conceptual work and gathering company internal requirements is also part of your job. The availability of simple task allows you a smooth and well guided start. Over the time we will increase the tasks complexity to give you the maximum learning benefit out of the time.
Your application will be processed by the Job Ambition GmbH, our strategic recruiting partner. If you have questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Stefanie Schwamberger by phone: + 49 (0) 711 400 538 81.
- Ongoing or completed degree in Information Technology, Embedded Software Engineering or comparable
- Intermediate Ruby programming experience
- First know-how with GIT
- Good English language skills
- Knowledge with build systems
- Experience with VSCode, IntelliJ or Eclipse plugin development
- Know-how in Java and JS
- Knowledge about the usual GitHub workflow
- Basic understanding about the the compilation process and tools of C/C++
What we offer
- Great work environment with co-workers you can rely on and who demonstrate strong performance
- Opportunity to make an impact by delivering fantastic work in essential projects
- A chance to create useful technology by minimizing complexity
- Employee freedom through flexible work-hour models, little hierarchy, and a collaborative work environment
- Experimentation and learning through our regular hackathons, programming challenges and hands-on workshops
- A daily supply of fresh fruit, coffee and water