About ESR Labs
We are an embedded automotive software company. In other words, we develop innovative embedded software for high-tech cars. Within only six years, we have achieved the status of a Tier 1 software supplier providing us with the opportunity to work directly with some of the most respected and distinguished premium car manufacturers and suppliers in the market. Our work is already part of millions of vehicles and enables those vehicles to take advantages of what has become stat of the art in consumer electronics: internet connectivity, artificial intelligence, autonomy, cloud computing, and over-the-air feature updates.
As DevOps Engineer you are responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a build processes for multiple concurrent releases of embedded software for the automotive ECU. In addition, you´re using scripts to automate build and deployment process through build systems. Furthermore, you optimize existing build jobs for simplicity and speed. You are responsible for the execution of test suites in the continuous integration process. In case of build process failures, you analyze and communicate with the responsible developers and support them by tracking down and debugging problems that show up during test execution in continuous integration environment. Furthermore, you setup scalable virtual build environments using Docker or VMware.
Your application will be processed by the Job Ambition GmbH, our strategic recruiting partner. If you have questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Stefanie Schwamberger by phone: + 49 (0) 711 400 538 81.
- Completed degree in Information Technology or comparable education
- Good know-how in at least one scripting language, preferable Ruby
- Thorough knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems
- Experience with Jenkins build system preferably with the workflow/pipeline process
- Good English language skills
- Self-managing, team player with passion in dealing with build environments
- Ability to solve problems
- Knowledge of GIT
- Experience with any of the following: dockers, vagrant or lxc-containers
- German language skills would be an advantage
- Willingness to work your way into automotive subjects
What we offer
- Great work environment with co-workers you can rely on and who demonstrate strong performance
- Opportunity to make an impact by delivering fantastic work in essential projects
- A chance to create useful technology by minimizing complexity
- Employee freedom through flexible work-hour models, little hierarchy, and a collaborative work environment
- Experimentation and learning through our regular hackathons, programming challenges and hands-on workshops
- Choose your hardware/ software set up
- A daily supply of fresh fruit, coffee and water